- Always prewash fabric before cutting.
- Most seams are sewn 1/4 inch, but read pattern first to confirm. Know your sewing machine, mark 1/4 inches from the needle to help you sew that 1/4 inch seam.
- When sewing rows with multiple seams to align, pin seams and sew 2-3 stitches at each seam intersection. Unpin and take a look at seam joints. If seams are aligned properly, go ahead and sew entire seam. If not, take out stitches for seams not properly aligned, realign and sew again. Once you are happy with the seam alignment, you can sew the rows completely.
- Press seams open after sewing.
- Quilting is fun, have fun with it.